• Steinbach 204.326.3442 - 85 PTH 12 North, Steinbach, MB, R5G 1A7
  • Niverville 204.388.9300 - Box 1120, 62 Main Street, Niverville, MB, R0A 1E0



With our rising education costs, Registered Education Savings Plans (“RESP’s”) are becoming a popular way to save for a child or grandchild’s education. What happens however when the RESP subscriber, being the person who set up the RESP, dies? Many think that RESP’s are treated the same as RRSP’s, but that is not true. They are not a trust, but rather a contractual arrangement. On… Read More »

Registration of Business Names

Selecting the appropriate business name is sometimes the most difficult task faced by the prospective entrepreneur. Your name will be your identity and the way others see you. The registration of a business name is on the public record at the Companies Office of Manitoba and a search of any registered business name will reveal the location of the business and the owners of it.… Read More »

Community Christmas

This year, SNJ partnered up with Mix 96 FM Radio, Southeast Helping Hands, The Steinbach and Area Lion’s Club, Steinbach Ministerial Association, Steinbach Fire and Rescue, and the Steinbach and area schools to donate toys or give monetary donations to assist with providing over 1,000 hampers needed in our community this  Christmas.  

New Safety Inspection Regulations for Highway Trucks

As of September 1st, 2015, under amendments to The Highway Traffic Act, if you are the operator of a heavy T-plated truck or a heavy passenger vehicle, you will be required to hold a Safety Fitness Certificate and meet program requirements. A heavy vehicle refers to: a truck or truck tractor with a registered gross vehicle weight (RGVW) of 4500 kg or more, or a… Read More »

Residential Tenancies: Changes to Notice to Move Requirements

Landlords must give tenants a notice to move out based on the vacancy rate (applicable to their region) if they need the tenant to move out because the: Landlord is moving into the unit Landlord is renovating the rental unit and tenants cannot live in the unit while the work is being done Landlord is demolishing the unit Landlord is changing the use of the… Read More »

RRSP Home Buyers Plan

When two or more eligible individuals jointly purchase a home, the credit may be shared but the total credit amount claimed cannot exceed $5,000. In addition to the HBTC, first time home buyers are also eligible for the Home Buyer’s Plan (“HBP”). This is a program that allows you to withdraw up to $25,000 in a calendar year from your registered retirement savings plans (RRSP) to buy… Read More »